Friday, 23 July 2010

G.NA

Real name : Choi Gina
Date of Birth : September 13, 1987
Height : 168 cm
Weight : 47 kg
Education : Fraser Heights Secondary School
Debut : July 2010 as a solo artist although was originally supposed to debut through the group "5 Girls"



Biography
G.NA's road (referred to as Gina from here on) to becoming a singer was filled with bumps along the way just like most singers out there. Born and raised in Canada, Gina came to Korea in 2005 fuelled by dreams of becoming an artist. She made it through the auditions to become a member of a new group "5 Girls". She trained and lived together with her group members for nearly a year before the group was forced to break up even before their debut due to the company's financial problems. Devastated, Gina was forced to return to Canada.

However, she was unable to give up on her dreams. She returned to Korea where current Cube Entertainment president and then JYP Entertainment rep, Hong Seung-seong, remembered her and gave her another audition opportunity in 2007. She passed, entering JYP Entertainment as a new trainee in November. She practiced at the JYP New York center where the company wanted her to work on her singing and dancing to become the next Park Ji-yoon. Even before her debut, she was attracting a lot of attention in the industry for her gorgeous body and naturally gifted vocals.

Later, Gina followed Hong Seung-seong when he left JYP Entertainment to set up his own company, Cube Entertainment. She continued her training from the end of 2008 for about a year and half, creating her own identity separate from 5 Girls or even the earlier hopes of becoming the next Park Ji-yoon.

Following the release of her song where she collaborated with Rain "Things I Want To Do When I Find A Lover", Gina released her title song "I'll Back Off So You Can Live Well" in July of 2010 and has been receiving a lot of love. Of course it doesn't hurt that members from popular idol group Beast (signed under the same entertainment agency) have been pushing for her, making appearances in her music video, and featuring on her title song. Regardless, there's no doubt that this young lady is talented to stand on her own two feet alone, which is quite rare in the current idol-group phase.

Discography
Things I Want To Do When I Find A Lover (with Rain) (single, July 5, 2010) : "Things I Want To Do When I Find A Lover" featuring Rain

Draw G's First Breath (mini-album, July 14, 2010) : "I'll Back Off So You Can Live Well" featuring Yong Jun-hyung, "Things I Want To Do When I Find A Lover" featuring Rain, "Supa Solo" featuring Swings, "Loving You" and "Rumors Have Started"

No comments:

Post a Comment